Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

The three strategies suggested to us are all very helpful in focusing in on what you are reading. If I were to rank the strategies, it would be:
1. Setting a Timer
2. Reading Aloud
3. Copy & Delete
Using these three strategies, I could tell that it had a positive affect on my reading. I was able to understand what the author was trying to convey in each of these things. For each of these strategies, there were advantages and disadvantages. An advantage of setting a timer was that I was able to focus just on the story for 10 minutes without having any other distractions. I was able to read through the story multiple times and catch things I hadn't previously caught the first time. For this strategy, I wouldn't really say there were any disadvantages to it. An advantage of reading aloud was this it made it very easy to tell if you missed anything, which helped make sure you were understanding what the author is trying to convey. A disadvantage would be that you have to read it out loud which isn't always the most feasible thing to do depending on your location. An advantage to the copy and delete strategy is that you focused on the paragraphs rather than the story as a whole. The only disadvantage to this is that sometimes it's nice to be able to go back and quickly re-read something and this is somewhat difficult with this strategy. 

I will definitely be using these strategies in the future because I think that they really helped me focus on what the story is about and helped me get good notes on these stories. I've never used these strategies before so I'm very excited to see how much better of a reader/feedbacker I become with these strategies. I really enjoyed reading "Midterm Madness" because I thought it was very clever how the author was able to integrate the Ramayana into something so relatable for every student with using midterms as the theme.


(Photo of a person studying,

No comments:

Post a Comment