Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reading Notes: A Flowering Tree, Part D

I am continuing my journey into A Flowering Tree for todays reading notes by reading stories eighteen through twenty-nine. As I mentioned in yesterday's notes, the stories can get a bit odd. In today's reading, it is nothing short of that. There are still multiple stories of people beating one another and odd attempts at incest relationships within families. Many of these stories are all tied back to a common incident where people or animals come back from the dead.

As I was reading, I really enjoyed Flute of Joy, Flute of Sorrow. I enjoyed the detail that was put into the story. You could feel how the cows and boy were feeling while reading the whole story because of how it was written. I also really enjoyed the trail that was written in The Greatest Things. It gave the story a nice comedic effect, all while actually writing a somewhat scary story about finding the thing greater than God.



As I was reading, I took notes on things that may help me write my stories for the week. Here are a few notes I came up with:
18. Dwarfs
  • So weird
  • Why did she call him a midget if she knew he would get angry?
19. A Flowering Tree
  • So many killings
  • I could write from youngest daughter's view
  • I could write from wife's view
20. Flute of Joy, Flute of Sorrow
  • So happy it had a good ending
  • I could write about like in the palace from the cows point of view
21. Fools
  • I could write from wife's view
  • I could write how wife and husband actually are the biggest fools in the world
22. Jackal King
  • I could write how people made fun of him since he looked different rather than praised him for being different
  • I could write how the blue began to fade away
23. For Love of Kadabu
  • I could write where they actually die
  • I could write where they argue over something else
24. A Girl in a Picture
  • I could write opposite where he didn't have everything he could ever want and when he fawned over the girl in the picture, he got everything he wished for
26. A Golden Sparrow
  • I could write from the second lady's point of view
29. The Horse Gram Man
  • What in the actual world

Bibliography
A Flowering Tree and Other Oral Tales from India by A.K. Ramanujan, Web Source
Photo of a flowering tree, Online Source

No comments:

Post a Comment