Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options: Ramayana

I have decided to read R.K. Narayan version of the Ramayana for Week 2 and Week 3 of class. The reasons why I have chosen this version of the Ramayana is because I enjoy having a physical copy, whether on paper or on a Kindle, so I can easily annotate what I am reading. I also like that I do not have to rely on my computer and the internet in order to get the readings accomplished.

I have always enjoyed reading mythology and Greek epics such as The Odyssey and The Iliad. They were always very interesting to me, especially since they dated back so long ago. I also always enjoyed Aesop's Fables as a child because they were usually very easy to read, and easy to understand. I wanted to take a class about India because two of my Aunt's love India and I wanted to learn more about the culture. One day, I would love to visit India because there is so much history there! I really enjoy reading and I'm excited to be able to read epics from India!

Although I don't know the details behind the following sculpture, I know that I have seen it before because it looks so familiar!


(12th century stone sculptor of God Vishnu;

No comments:

Post a Comment