Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that I read that I really enjoyed was The Elephants of Indian Epics! I wasn't familiar with the topic that the writer discussed, however the title did a great job explaining what the storybook was about since the focus was on elephants found in Indian Epics. The introduction was very good because it gave you a brief overview of what would be discussed. I really liked how the writer presented the story by writing it through bedtime stories. The design of the storybook was good, however I wish that the navigation toolbar looked a little cleaner. I really liked that the first thing you saw when you went to the storybook was a picture of an elephant with the title! It really put the focus on the elephant rather than the little boys.


(Painting of elephant by Bonnie Morgan;


The second storybook I really enjoyed was The Magic Map. This is another story that I wasn't familiar with the topics that the write wrote about. I think that the title was perfect for the story because it was all about traveling with the help of the "magic map". I really liked that the writer wrote the storybook as if it were her journal while going on her archeology adventure because it made it very easy to follow! I didn't like how the writer formatted the pictures in the storybook, so I won't be using that format in my storybook.


(Picture of compass from tocalante.com;


The third storybook I liked was Indian Horror Story. Although I didn't recognize the Indian Epic topic of the storybook, I did recognize what the writer based it off of because they based it off of "American Horror Story" which I absolutely love! It made it a very easy storybook to read. The introduction did a really good job of reeling the reader in because it gave insight to what happened but you keep wanting to read to figure up what will happen to the couple. I really liked the design of the storybook because it was very dark and eerie just like the story.


(Photo of a haunted house;

No comments:

Post a Comment